Here is a list of features that make Stirling Council's web services accessible for all:
- The pages are short and simple.
- Media that requires proprietary plugins are used sparingly.
- If such content used, a textual alternative is always provided.
- XHTML has been used to structure the document.
- ALT tags (alternative description tags) have been used for conveying the meaning of all important images - these contain meaningful text.
- Use of images have been used in moderation
- Text alternatives have been provided where video, audio, media or image maps have been used.
- Screen reader has been tested on the site. Fonts are used consistently throughout the site.
- Text colours have high contrast with background colours
- Colours have not been used as a primary device for conveying information