Second Hand dealers licence

To sell goods second-hand, you need a second-hand dealer's licence from Stirling Council.

The licence permits the holder to sell/trade within the Stirling Council Area. Generally, licences are required for the selling/trading of the following categories of goods.

  • Jewellery
  • Furniture and domestic appliances
  • Antiques
  • Clocks and watches
  • Televisions, radios, video or DVD recorders and musical instruments
  • Bicycles
  • DVD's, CD's, Computer Games
  • Vehicles

Conditions are attached to all Second Hand Dealer's Licences issued by Stirling Council.