Rangers - What we do
The role of Rangers
We aim to protect and promote the local environment. To achieve this we work closely with individuals, community groups, voluntary organisations, schools and statutory bodies.
The three key roles (set down by Scottish Natural Heritage) that all Ranger Services in Scotland work towards are:
- To ensure a warm welcome and provide support to help people enjoy the outdoors;
- To increase awareness, understanding, care and responsible use of the natural and cultural heritage;
- To support the sustainable management and use of the outdoors to meet a range of social, economic and environmental objectives.
These reports highlight some of the achievements of the Ranger Service over the past years and, where relevant, outline our future approaches to areas of our work. They cover the key areas of work for the rangers and outline how they fit with Council priorities. The work of the Rangers contributes directly to achieving the objectives of the Central Scotland Green Network (CSGN) and the Stirling Single Outcome Agreement (SOA).
- Ranger Service Annual Report 2014
- Ranger Service Annual Report 2013
- Ranger Service Annual Report 2012
- Ranger Service Annual Report 2011
- Ranger Service Annual Report 2010
What we offer
The Rangers have a wide variety of skills and experience in many fields such as natural heritage conservation, recreation, access, education and interpretation. We are able to offer a number of opportunities, including but not limited to:
- Guided walks
- Help with projects designed to improve the local environment
- Information and advice on wildlife and access to the countryside
- Environmental education for school and youth groups
- Talks and slide shows
- Support to organise community events
- Use of the sites that we manage for public or community events
Rangers can assist in planning and preparation for your activity. We are happy to talk to you, whether you need specific advice or just want to know a bit more about these opportunities. We are here to help.
How to book
The Ranger Service is available all year round free of charge. To book an activity or discuss an event tailored towards the needs and interest of your group please look at the relevant document for information.
To book the use of one of our sites for your community or public event please complete and return the site booking form.
So that we can continually improve our service we would like your feedback on how you thought your activity went. We welcome any new ideas and comments.