Stirling Local Development Plan 2
The adopted Stirling Local Development Plan 2014 is currently under review and, in this regard, a Proposed Plan, draft Action Programme and Environmental Report were approved for consultation at a meeting of Stirling Council on 30 June 2016.
The period for making representations on the Proposed Plan ended on 23 September 2016. All representations received were summarised and responses to representations were approved at a meeting of Stirling Council on the 8th of December 2016. A link to the 'Schedule 4 Document' can be found below.
The Proposed Plan, Schedule 4 documentation and all supporting information has been submitted to the Scottish Government Department of Planning and Environmental Appeals (DPEA) for the purposes of an examination. A reporter, Mr Trevor Croft, has been appointed by Scottish Ministers to carry out the examination. The DPEA has set a target date of 2nd November 2017 for concluding the Examination. It may however end before this date. All documents relating to the Examination can be found via the following link - case details.
The Proposed Stirling Local Development Plan allocates land for over 5,700 houses, 77 hectares for employment development and 9 sites for retail use until the year 2037. Council Leader Johanna Boyd said
"The Plan provides a positive approach to appropriate development and supports sustainable economic growth and sustainable development, while recognising the importance of 'placemaking' and safeguarding the area's important environmental and historic assets".
Below are online versions of the documents:-
- Proposed Plan - Main Report Text.
- Settlement Statements and Proposals Maps: Ardeonaig - Keltie Bridge.
- Settlement Statements and Proposals Maps: Killearn - Throsk (plus rural).
- On-line Mapping.
- Environmental Report.
- Habitats Regulations Appraisal.
A number of background documents have also been prepared to support the Proposed Plan.
- Summary of MIR Responses.
- Transport Background Documents (DPMTAG).
- Education Background Report.
- Housing Background Report.
- Additional Site Assessments.
Main Issues Report
A Main Issues Report, the first stage in the review of the Stirling Local Development Plan 2014, was published for consultation in June-October 2015. This document and its supporting information can be found here on the Main Issues Report page.
Getting in Touch
If you have any queries on the Plan or process, or would like to be added to our database of LDP contacts, please contact the Planning Policy Team by email.
- Emma Fyvie, Planning & Policy Team Leader, (01786) 233685
- Richard Callender, Senior Planning Officer, (01786) 233662
- Alistair Gemmell, Planning Officer, (01786) 233667
- Michael Mulgrew, Graduate Planning Officer, (01786) 233664