Planning - Your Questions
We've included the questions we're most often asked about Development Quality and Planning in general.
If you have a question we haven't covered, please email us your question.
Planning Permission - General Questions
- Do I need Planning Permission for a house extension ?
- Do I need Planning Permission to construct a conservatory or porch ?
- Do I need Planning Permission for a satellite dish ?
- Do I need Planning Permission to construct a fence, gate or boundary wall ?
- How do I find out if a property is listed ?
- How do I find out if a property is in a Conservation Area ?
- What is an Article 4 Direction ?
- What Use Class does my property come under ?
- What can I change the use of my property to without the need for Planning Permission ?
Planning Permission - Submitting a Planning Application
- Where do I get hold of the correct application form ?
- Submitting a planning application - who needs to be notified ?
- How much does a Planning Application cost ?
- Can I talk to someone about my proposals before I submit my application ?
Planning Permission - Getting involved in the Application Process
- Who should I contact to find out about progress on an application ?
- How can I comment on an application ?
- Can an applicant and/or objectors speak at committee ?
Planning Permission - Decisions on Planning Applications
- How does the Planning Schedule work ?
- What is the difference between a Schedule Recommendation and a Delegated Decision ?
- Where can I view current applications and the planning history on a property ?
- Where can I view recently submitted applications and recent officer recommendations ?
- Where can I view historic applications and historic officer recommendations ?
- Where can I view delegated decisions ?
- What can I do if I have been refused Planning Permission ?
- Who do I contact if I think there may be a breach of planning control ?
- How do I make a complaint about certain building works happening in my area ?
- Tree protection, do I have to replace like with like ?