Planning - Your Questions
Some developments, such as garden sheds, garages and house extensions can be classed as "permitted development" and don't need planning permission provided they meet certain criteria. Planning Officers can advise you on whether or not a proposal needs planning permission. They can also advise on what the Council is likely to accept or reject with reference to current planning policy.
Planning Permission - General Questions
If you have a question we haven't covered, please email us your question.
- Do I need Planning Permission for a house extension ?
- Do I need Planning Permission to construct a conservatory or porch ?
- Do I need Planning Permission for a satellite dish ?
- Do I need Planning Permission to construct a fence, gate or boundary wall ?
- How do I find out if a property is listed ?
- How do I find out if a property is in a Conservation Area ?
- What is an Article 4 Direction ?
- What Use Class does my property come under ?
- What can I change the use of my property to without the need for Planning Permission ?
Planning Permission - Submitting a Planning Application
- Where do I get hold of the correct application form ?
- Submitting a planning application - who needs to be notified ?
- How much does a Planning Application cost ?
- Can I talk to someone about my proposals before I submit my application ?
Planning Permission - Getting involved in the Application Process
- Who should I contact to find out about progress on an application ?
- How can I comment on an application ?
- Can an applicant and/or objectors speak at committee ?
Planning Permission - Decisions on Planning Applications
- How does the Planning Schedule work ?
- Where can I view current applications and the planning history of a property ?
- What can I do if I have been refused planning permission ?