We offer a consumer advice service to provide information on consumer related civil law. The service is available to consumers or businesses who are resident in the Stirling Council or Clackmannanshire Council areas.
For guidance on your rights, choose from this list of Consumer Advice topics.
Our officers can advise you about your legal rights and suggest how best to resolve your complaint.
Please note, we can -
- give impartial advice on consumer law and your rights;
- suggest appropriate courses of action and advice on how to pursue your rights;
- advise on court procedure;
- investigate, if the criminal laws we enforce may have been contravened.
But, we cannot -
- obtain a refund for you, or take court action for you;
- recommend particular businesses or tell you which particular businesses to avoid;
- investigate complaints about food hygiene or food standards. This is dealt with by Environmental Health.
If Either you or the supplier are based in the Stirling or Clackmannanshire areas -
If Neither you nor the supplier are based in the Stirling or Clackmannanshire areas -
- find your local Trading Standards service at the Trading Standards Institute website, or
- go to the DirectGov website for a range of consumer advice topics, or
- speak to a Consumer Direct advisor on 08454 04 05 06.
For Europe-wide consumer advice see the UK European Consumer Centre
To search for information about a European website see Howard