MILL Project - Offender Literacy
Literacy and numeracy support for ex-offenders
The MILL project aims to build on the initial work carried out by Stirling Council Adult Learning Team on behalf of Stirling Literacies Partnership with prisons across the Forth Valley area.
The project is twofold: firstly, it aims to work closely with Criminal Justice Services across Forth Valley and the second part of the project will see links further established with the prisons serving the Forth Valley area.
For each of the project years we would aim to achieve the following outcomes:
- Promotion of adult literacies through participation in local authority Criminal Justice Service/APEX events and programmes
- Literacies support provided for learners through the provision of literacies programmes and financial inclusion opportunities
- Learners progressing to or taking part in Further Education College core skills programmes
- Contribute to pre release programmes
- Support learners through transition from learning in prison to learning upon release
- Engage individuals who do not see themselves as learners
For further information contact the Mill Project or telephone 01786 432354