Childminders provide opportunities for care, education and play in their own homes for children under 5 years and for school aged children. They are self-employed and negotiate terms and conditions directly with parents. A flexible service is usually provided all year round.

From March 2018, we will be entering into a trial partnership with some local childminders. Parents will be able to take up their entitled hours for 3 and 4 year olds, and eligible 2 year olds with these childminders.

By 2020, all local childminders will have the opportunity to come into partnership with Stirling Council.

Lists of names and addresses of registered childminders are available from Schools, Learning and Education, 7-13 Wolfcraig, Dumbarton Road, Stirling FK8 2LQ, tel: 01786 233179.  

All childminders are required to register with the Care Inspectorate.

More information is available from the Scottish Family Information Service.

See also: