To keep up to date with the latest information and pictures, like us on Facebook, we want to hear from you.
See also - Useful links
View the image gallery below - images from Fisheries Facebook.
Fishing in Stirling
With the Rivers Allan, Forth, Carron and Devon on the doorstep, there's a wealth of great fishing to be found in the Stirling area.
The salmon fishing season on the Forth runs from 1 February-31 October. The trout season runs from 15 March-6 October. You can fish for both on Mondays to Saturdays in the season.
- We manage the salmon fisheries in Stirling and Callander.
- We provide a good quality and well managed public salmon fishery for the benefit of both residents and visitors.
- We promote salmon conservation by issuing tags to anglers to limit the number of salmon that can be taken away while still providing a full season of fishing.
- To contact us call 01786 442932.
Permits are available from:
- Customer First on Port Street, Stirling, Tel: 01786 404040
- Angling Active, Agricultural Centre, Stirling, FK9 4RN, Tel: 01786 430 400
- James Bayne and Co, Main Street, Callander, 01877 330 218
For permits, if you live in the Stirling area
You must provide 2 passport photographs and 2 address verifications, which have to be supported by photographic verification eg. passport or driving licence.
If you're a visitor
You must provide 2 passport photographs and 1 address verification which needs to be supported by photographic verification eg. passport or driving licence.
Concessionary permits can only be purchased from Customer First in the One Stop Shop in Port Street, Stirling.