Community Engagement Team
The Team provide community development support to communities and community organisations across the Stirling Council area as well other responsibilities. We manage a range of grants on behalf of Stirling Council, and support local community planning and all area community planning forums.
We can provide a wide range of support to help communities engage with others to shape and influence change with the aim of improving the quality of life for people in their community and addressing disadvantage. This includes:
- Information on Communities and promotion of community issues
- Support and advice on a range of issues such as governance (starting a group or activity), engagement (involving people), funding and finance (grants and advice), project development (developing local plans and projects) and partnership working (being involved and influencing decisions).
- Work with Community Councils
- Training and resources (Building Stronger Communities)
- Assistance with community surveys and looking at community needs
The Team have produced two booklets illustrating and celebrating the range and diversity of activities we are involved in throughout the area - Building Stronger Communities and Building Stronger Communities II
Monthly news sheet for organisations on the latest news and issues relevant to communities.To be included in our mailing list, if you need previous copies, or if you would like to include articles, please email us.
To contact the Team call 01786 233076 or email.