Copies of certificates
Obtaining Birth, Death, Marriage or Civil Partnership Extracts (or Certificates)
- You may require a replacement duplicate copy of a lost certificate.
- You may be interested in genealogy and want certificates for their family tree.
Whatever the reason, we can provide full certificates, suitable for any purpose, for events registered anywhere in Scotland.
If the Birth, Death, Marriage or Civil Partnership was registered anywhere in Scotland (between 1855 -2011) you may obtain an Extract (or Certificate) by one of the following methods:
- Do it Online - using the online form (choose certificate type from the drop-down)
- in person at any of our Registration Offices
- by post (cheques made payable to Stirling Council)
- by phone using a credit/debit card
These methods apply to all of our Registration Offices
The cost per extract is £15.00. Events registered in the current year are only available from the place of Registration (at a reduced cost of £10.00 within one month of registration.)
In order to obtain an extract it is helpful to know:
- the full name or names
- the date & place of the event
- If you require a Scottish Adoption certificate please contact the General Register Office for Scotland
- For information on ordering English or Welsh certificates please contact the General Register Office for England and Wales
- For information on ordering Northern Irish certificates please contact the General Register Office for Northern Ireland
- For information on ordering certificates from the Republic of Ireland please contact the General Register Office for Ireland