The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOI) requires all Scottish public authorities to produce and maintain a publication scheme.
Authorities are under a legal obligation to:
- publish classes of information that they make routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information and what it might cost
Stirling Council has adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2013 produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner. The scheme has the Commissioner's approval until 31 May 2017.
You can see this scheme on the Commissioner's website or by contacting us at the address below.
We have produced a Guide to Information available under the Model Publication Scheme, available for download in PDF format.
The purpose of this Guide is to:
- allow you to see what information is available (and what is not available) in relation to each class
- state what charges may be applied
- explain how you might find information easily
- provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information
- explain how to request information we hold that has not been published
You can contact us for assistance with any aspect of this publication scheme: