The Lord Lieutenant is Her Majesty’s representative in the area. This is a non-political role and the Lord Lieutenant is appointed by Her Majesty the Queen.
The Lord Lieutenant of Stirling & Falkirk is Mrs Marjory McLachlan.
The main duties of the Lord Lieutenant include:
- Arranging visits of members of the Royal family and escorting Royal visitors;
- Representing HM The Queen, including duties with the armed forces and presenting certain honours, medals and awards on behalf of the Sovereign - such as the presentation of decorations where the recipient is unable to attend an Investiture;
- Assessing nominations for Honours, both personal and for The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service and to encourage good nominations for both;
- Participation in civic, voluntary and social activities;
- Liaison with local units of the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army, Royal Air Force and their associated cadet forces.
100th Birthdays and Diamond Wedding Anniversaries
The Queen will send a message of congratulations to a couple celebrating their 60th, 65th and 70th anniversaries and every year thereafter and to someone on their 100th and 105th birthdays and every year thereafter. Whilst notification of birthdays is handled automatically, wedding anniversaries will be marked only if someone draws attention to the date.
The Queen's Awards for Enterprise
The Queen's Awards for Enterprise are highly prestigious awards for outstanding achievement by UK businesses in the categories of Innovation, International Trade and Sustainable Development. The Queen's Award for Enterprise Promotion is awarded to individuals who encourage entrepreneurial skills and attitudes in others.
The awards are made annually by Her Majesty The Queen, and are only given for the highest levels of excellence. They are judged to a demanding level and winners receive a number of benefits and worldwide recognition.
Previous corporate winners have come from a diverse selection of business sectors and have included large and small businesses. Recipients of the individual award have been from varied social and professional backgrounds.
The closing date for entries is the last working day of September each year and the winners are announced on 21st April the following year.
For more information including the links to the online application and nomination forms visit www.queensawards.org.uk. For further enquiries call The Queen’s Awards Office helpline on 020 7215 6880 or email email@example.com.
Vice Lord Lieutenant and Deputy Lieutenants
The Lord Lieutenant is supported by a Vice Lord-Lieutenant and Deputy Lieutenants as noted below:-
Vice Lord Lieutenant
- James Frederick Somerville Parker
- Philip Allison
- Roy Anderson
- Colonel Alastair Campbell
- William A French
- Mrs Patricia Greenhill, OBE
- Harry M M Johnston
- Miss Dorothy C Kinloch, OBE
- Neil MacDonald
- Ian Mullen, OBE
- Colin O Brien
- Tom Ogilvie
- Alan Simpson
- Mrs Marilyn Stenhouse
- Micheal White
- Mrs Susan Zuill
If you would like further information on the duties of the Lord Lieutenant of Stirling & Falkirk or wish to arrange for a message of congratulations, please contact:Mrs Jean Houston
Clerk to the Lieutenancy
Tel. 01786 233100
Email: Mrs Jean Houston