Additional support needs
Enquire - advice and information
Enquire is the Scottish advice service for additional support for learning.
If you feel a child or young person needs extra help to get the most from their learning and are unsure what to do, we can help you. Enquire has lots of practical advice and information about the education and additional support needs system in Scotland. Enquire will explain how the system may relate to your situation and advise you on possible ways forward.
Operated by Children in Scotland, Enquire offers independent, confidential advice and information on additional support for learning through an e-mail enquiry service and a telephone helpline - 0845 123230.
Enquire also provide a range of clear and easy to read guides and factsheets explaining everything from ‘additional support in the early years’ to ‘what planning should take place for moving on from school’.
We encourage parents to contact the school/establishment in the first instance if there are any queries or concerns, and we will always try to resolve any difficulties as soon as possible.
Further information on how support for learning is organised in Stirling is available by contacting either the school, or the ASN team on 01786 233212.
- Accessibility Strategy
- Additional Support Needs Tribunals
- Assessment process
- Co-ordinated support plan
- Educational Psychology Service
- Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC)
- Placement in mainstream schools
- Pre-school children with additional support needs
- Travelling people (support for children)
- Additional Support Needs Outreach Service
- Social, Emotional and Behaviour Needs Support Service