Stirling Creative Learning Programme
The main aims of this programme are to:
- increase and enhance participation in a wide range of cultural activities
- promote and investigate creative learning across the curriculum
- help develop new professional capabilities at the education and culture interface
- help contribute towards enhanced levels of achievement and attainment in Scottish schools.
We work strategically across Education to encourage, support and facilitate participation through a variety of opportunities involving creative practitioners, cultural organisations, educators and other professionals including:
- one-off workshops to long term residences
- after school opportunities
- visits to performances, exhibitions and cultural activity
- support for schools creating their own arts and cultural projects
- workshops and opportunities with local arts venues, museums and heritage centres including Tolbooth, Macrobert, Pathfoot Gallery, Stirling Castle and the Smith Gallery and Museum
- opportunities through national arts and cultural organisations.
As part of this programme we are also exploring 'What is Creativity in Schools' and investigating how creativity in learning migh support developing pupils for a 21st century world that is constantly changing.
We are also involved in a working group investigating 'What is a 21st Century Learning Environment for Children and Young People'.
Partnerships are a very important part of the Creative Learning Programme in Stirling and we work closely with both local and national organisations including:
|Macrobert||Artlink Central||National Galleries of Scotland|
|Smith Art Gallery |
|Historic Scotland||Education Scotland|
|Hidden Giants||University of Stirling||Artworks Alliance|
|Forth Valley College||Pathfoot Art Gallery||Engage|
We work with more than 20 freelance creative practitioner/artists throughout the year through our YMI and Creative Learning Programmes.
Example of work ongoing in Stirling as part of investigation into 'What is Creativity in Schools' in partnership with Hidden Giants.