Youth Music Initiative Programme
Creative Scotland administers the Scottish Government’s Youth Music Initiative (YMI).
Each local authority is awarded a set amount each year to offer a YMI Programme that meets certain guidelines set out by Creative Scotland and the Scottish Government.
Stirling offers a programme of both in and out of school workshops including:
- RCS Inspire Classical Strings (Bannockburn High School)
- RCS Inspire Traditional Music (McLaren High School)
- RCS Inspire Classical Strings Outreach Project (Borestone Primary School)
- Tolbooth Traditional Music Project
- Cowie Traditional Music Outreach Project (St Margaret’s RC and Cowie Primary Schools)
- Stirling and Clackmannanshire Access Ensemble and Youth Jazz Ensemble – SCYJE (Tolbooth)
- Jazz Big Band Outreach Project (Allans Primary School)
- Street Brass and Drumming Project (Ochil House, Wallace High School, Dunblane High School)
- City Music Outreach Project (Chartershall School, Dunblane High School and St Modan’s High School)
- Rural Music Project (Balfron)
- Scots Song Project (primary schools)
- Soundstart Programme (primary schools)
- Kodaly Programme (nursery and primary schools)
- Music and Me Nursery Programme (nursery settings)
Tolbooth Traditional Music and SCYJE
The Tolbooth Traditional Music Project and the Stirling and Clackmannanshire Youth Jazz Ensemble are open to children and young people aged 10 – 21 from across Stirling and Clackmannanshire and it’s possible to join anytime during the year. Please call the Tolbooth Box Office on 01786 274000 for more information.
The RCS Programmes at Bannockburn and McLaren High Schools are only open for children in P4 and P5 to join and letters and applications are emailed to schools by the RCS in September/October each year. There is a maximum capacity at each programme so places are limited depending on how many spaces become available each year.
If you would like further information about the Stirling YMI programme please contact the Creative Learning Officer.
More information about the National Youth Music Initiative Programme.