Secondary school places

How do I enrol my child in secondary school?

  • If your child is transferring to secondary school you will receive a letter from your current primary which will outline the arrangements.
  • Unless you stay within the secondary school catchment area you will need to submit a placing request even if your child attends an associated primary school.

How do I enrol my child in a different school?

  • If you wish your child to attend a school other than the catchment school you are required to make a placing request.
  • Placing requests can only be granted where surplus space exists. We cannot deploy additional resources to accommodate placing requests. Parents/carers should be aware that some schools are unable to admit placing requests due to high numbers of catchment pupils.

See also: