The Old Town Jail
The Old Town Jail is located at the heart of the city's historic quarter.
It's a truly captivating attraction and a good starting point for exploring the oldest part of the city.
- Meet the prison warden, the Victorian reformer, Stirling's notorious hangman, and the convict determined to escape
- Fantastic live prison tours
- Audio Translation in 5 languages
- Look out from the Rooftop Viewpoint - for a fantastic view of Stirling and the countryside
- Experience the chill and thrill of life behind bars as it was in medievil times in Stirling’s 19th century prison.
The Old Town Jail closes for the winter period, and will re-open in the spring
The Victorian reformers practised what they preached, which wasn't exactly comforting for the poor inmates. 'Coarse food; a dress of shame; hard, incessant, irksome labour; a planned and regulated and unrelenting exclusion of happiness and comfort' was their prescription for the unfortunatesouls detained within these walls.
See the Old Town Jail website for latest information and prices