Free meal entitlement in nursery
Children in nursery from age 2 upwards and whose parents/carers are in receipt of the benefits noted below, are now entitled to apply for a free meal. The entitlement applies when a child is in nursery over the middle of the day i.e. has an extended day place, not a half-day session.
Applications can be made throughout the year. Please return completed applications to:
or post to
It is important that you apply for this entitlement as soon as possible so that we can forward plan and have this provision in place for January 2016.
The entitlement is as follows:
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTS) but not Working Tax Credit and your income is less than £16,105*
- Both maximum CTC and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6,420*
- Support under Part IV of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999*
- Universal Credit*
*This applies to children who have turned 2 on or after 1 March 2015.
- Entitlement to childcare
- Expansion of early learning and childcare
- Types of childcare
- Applying for childcare
- Parenting and family support