Free nursery meals
Children in nursery from age 2 upwards and whose parents/carers are in receipt of the benefits noted below, are now entitled to apply for a free meal. The entitlement applies when a child is in nursery over the middle of the day i.e. has an extended day place, not a half-day session.
Applications can be made throughout the year. Please return completed applications to:
or post to
The entitlement is as follows:
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity or Severe Disablement Allowance
- State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTS) but not Working Tax Credit and your income is less than £16,105*
- Both maximum CTC and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6,420*
- Support under Part IV of the immigration and Asylum Act 1999*
- Universal Credit*
*This applies to children who have turned 2 on or after 1 March 2015.