Nursery - RiversideRiverside Nursery
Riverside Primary School
Head of Nursery: Michelle MacPhee (Acting)
T: 01786 474128
F: 01786 448425
E-mail Riverside Nursery
Maximum number of children: 32 (am), 32 (pm)
Age range: 3-5 years
Riverside Nursery availability
- Term time, 39 weeks
- 8 places per day available for extended days
- 9.00 am - 3.20 pm
About Riverside Nursery class
Riverside Nursery Class provides 32 places at any given time for children aged from 3-5 years. We offer flexible provision in line with current nursery hours' entitlement and the needs of children and families using the service. Most children attend either a morning or an afternoon session and some children have extended nursery hours which include having lunch. The nursery offers Gaelic input for parents who wish this experience for their child. In January 2016 we were awarded excellence in all categories by the Care Inspectorate. The nursery follows the aims of the whole school which are:
- to create a positive ethos whereby everyone in our school community is valued
- to enable each child to develop their potential as successful learners, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors in a high quality learning environment
- to promote our children's health and wellbeing, encouraging self esteem and a respect for diversity and fairness in life
- to consult with children and build on partnership with families, the community and other agencies to provide support for all
- to respond to educational, social and environmental changes and support the development of a learning community.
Riverside Nursery inspections
Education Scotland has responsibility for evaluating the quality of pre-school education, all schools, teacher education, community learning and development, further education and local authorities. They also publish reports about services for children and evaluate child protection services.
The Care Inspectorate regulates all social care services in Scotland. Care services include care homes, childminders, day care for adults and children, support services, care at home, fostering and adoption services, secure and offender accommodation services.