Primary school places
- Children normally start Primary 1 in August if their 5th birthday falls before 1 March of the following year.
- All children should enrol at their catchment primary school in January of the year they are wishing to start school. (this applies even if you are making a placing request to another school).
- Even if your child attends a nursery class located within a primary school you must still register at the catchment primary school.
- The enrolment form should be completed and taken along with you when enrolling your child at school.
- You are required to provide both a birth certificate and proof of residency (If you cannot prove residency within a catchment area you should submit a placing request).
- If your child receives any additional support you should tell your child's current headteacher that you are making a placing request. This will ensure that your child receives similar support if the placing request is successful.
Non catchment school
If you wish your child to attend a school other than the catchment school you are required to make a placing request.
Please note: you must still apply for a place in your catchment school (which may be changed later).
Placing requests can only be granted where surplus space exists. Some schools are unable to admit placing requests due to high numbers of catchment pupils.
Our nearest map shows catchment areas based on postcode along with other local information.