School Transport Request
School Transport Application Form - all schools except St. Modan's High School
Before you start, please read the information below:
Free home to school transport will be provided to:
Children under 8 years of age at the start of the school session, where the distance from home to catchment area school exceeds 2 miles by the shortest available safe walking route;
Children over 8 years of age at the start of the school session, where the distance from home to catchment area school exceeds 2 miles by the shortest available safe walking route;
In addition to distance entitlement, free home to school transport will be provided when a route is assessed as being unsuitable for a child to walk to school whilst accompanied by an adult.
Council's School Transport Policy
The Education Transport Policy sets out the eligibility criteria for free school transport.
Free transport is given to school children who...
who live more than two miles from their zoned school by the shortest available route
are required to travel to school using a route that has been assessed being unsafe under the Transport Policy
have additional support needs
This application should be submitted a minimum working 7 days before transport is to commence.
The parent/guardian may need to make their own arrangements for the child to travel to and from school until any arrangements are put in place.
Please DO NOT use this form if:
- the child is transferring for the start of the school session from Nursery into Primary 1 at the catchment area primary school or;
- the child is transferring from Primary 7 to the catchment area secondary school;
- you are looking for transport to a school that is not the catchment area school. You should instead ask the school for information about the Placing Request Procedure;
- you are looking for concessionary transport on a contract vehicle;
- you wish transport for any reason other than those listed below.