Housing benefit appeals

If you do not agree with the amount of benefit you are given.

You should contact us and ask us for a verbal or written explanation of how your benefit was worked out.

You can contact us:

  • Telephone on (01786) 233210,
  • Customer Services
    Teith House
    Kerse Road,
    FK7 7QA.

If you still think your Benefit assessment is wrong, you can ask us to look at the decision again.  You must do this within a month of the date on the decision letter.  We will send you a full explanation for our decision as soon as possible.

If you are still unhappy you have the right to make a formal appeal against our decision to an independent tribunal.  You must write, within a month of us confirming our decision, to

The Appeals Co-Ordinator
Customer Services
Stirling Council

who will in turn send your case to the Appeals Service.

If you need any further information or have any questions please contact Customer Services or download the following leaflet. What to do if you think the decision about your benefit is wrong