Welfare rights - advice
Here are some of the benefits you may be able to claim:
You may be entitled to help with your Council tax. Call us on 0845 277 7000 for further information.
- If you've got a disability and need someone to care for you or watch over you, you may be entitled to extra allowances.
- If you're 65 or over you may be entitled to Attendance Allowance.
- If you're under 65, the Department for Work and Pensions may pay Disability Living Allowance if you need care, have problems walking or need someone to guide you out-of-doors.
- If you get Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance you may be entitled to a higher Pension Credit. Call the Enquiry Line for more details 0800 99 1234.
- For independent advice on benefits, call Age UK on freephone 0800 169 6565. This is a free welfare rights advice service from Age UK.
You may be entitled to help with your rent. Call us on 0845 277 7000 to ask about Housing Benefit entitlement.
The Pension Service can top-up income such as a retirement pension to make sure you've enough to live on. Find out about Pension Credit on 0800 99 1234.