Welfare rights - advice
Here are some of the benefits you may be able to claim:
The Pension Service can top-up income such as a retirement pension to make sure you've enough to live on. Find out about the Pension Credit on 0800 99 1234.
Council tax and Housing benefits
- If you've got a disability and need someone to care for you or watch over you, you may be entitled to extra allowances.
- If you're 65 or over you may be entitled to Attendance Allowance.
- If you're under 65, the Department for Work and Pensions may pay Disability Living Allowance if you need care, have problems walking or need someone to guide you out-of-doors.
- If you get Attendance Allowance or Disability Living Allowance you may be entitled to a higher Pension Credit. Call the Enquiry Line for more details 0800 99 1234.
- For independent advice on benefits, call Age UK on freephone 0800 169 6565. This is a free welfare rights advice service from Age UK.