Salvation Army furniture project Stirling
Please call 01786 479262
This phone line and website service easily allows you to pass on household items to be used again. The re-use phone line works with community-based reuse organisations, local authorities and partners across Scotland to provide the public with a free collection service for unwanted items.
For more information or to donate unwanted items, Please call 0800 0665 820 or fill out this Online form.
Free selling sites
Stirling Council - Special Uplift / Bulky Waste service
During the festive period there will be no secial uplift collections from Friday 23rd December. They will resume on Monday 16thJanuary.
- Special uplifts can be requested for household bulky items that are too big to put out with your normal refuse collection e.g sofa,chairs, washing machines, beds etc.
- Basic charges for this service are set each year by the Council. For the current charges please call 01786 4040404
- Charges for this service vary depending on the number of items to be collected. There is a flat fee of £40.10 for up to five items. There are exemptions to charges in certain circumstances, e.g. if all residents in household are of pensionable age or if the items to be collected is a domestic fridge freezer.
- Please note, if payment is required, this must be made in full before a special uplift can be carried out. Uplifts must be paid before 12 p.m. the day before collection.
- Items should be presented at or near the kerbside for collection by 7.00 a.m. on your day of collection. You will be advised of this when you call in to book your uplift.
- Only items which have been requested, and are recorded on the job line for the uplift crew, will be uplifted.
- If the service is running late and your uplift is not going to carried out as scheduled, we will let you know. We will keep you informed of any changes, including information of when we will attend. This may result in you removing your items from kerbside until we are able to collect.
- Our crews will attend on the scheduled day. If items are not presented as described they will leave a calling card. The contact centre will be notified and we will rearrange the uplift on the next scheduled day we are in your area. Please note we will only attend a maximum of twice to collect your items. No refund will be given for paid uplifts that are not presented.
- You can take your bulky household items to one of our 3 Household Waste Recycling Centres at Lower Polmaise, Balfron and Callander and can be disposed of free of charge. (Please note you should bring some identification with you when you attend any of these sites, such as Council Tax bill, utility bill or driver's licence.
How to request a bulky uplift
Please call us directly on 01786 404040
Items that can and can't be collected by our special uplift service
We can uplift these items
- Fridges/freezers – must be emptied of all food content.
Furniture such as wardrobes/tables – wardrobes should be dismantled
Carpets, rugs and lino (must be cut and bundled together into lengths of 4ft or less)
Large toys, bikes and golf clubs
Prams and pushchairs
We cannot uplift these items
Bagged materials such as black bagged excess waste
Windows and doors
Bricks, slabs, builder's rubble
Garden sheds, fencing
Bulky garden waste (bushes, branches and hedging tied and bundled into 3ft lengths)
Soil or stone
DIY and demolition debris
Kitchen units and worktops
Where you should leave items for collection
Items should be grouped together and presented at or near the kerbside by 7.00 a.m. on the day of the uplift. Please consider fire safety when storing materials to be uplifted. It is not good practice to store an item in a close or against a building as this is classed as a fire hazard.
Items cannot be collected from inside your house
Unfortunately we are not able to carry out an uplift of items from inside the house.
When you have paid you cannot add additional items
We will not remove any item that is not on our original service request. Please do not place anything out for collection that was not part of your original request.
To pay for a special uplift
If you are not exempt from charge you will be asked to pay for your bulky uplift at the time of booking. Payment must be made in full before any uplift is carried out.
Payment can be made over the phone via debit/credit card.
If the service is running late
If the service is running late and your uplift has not be carried out on the scheduled day we will endeavour to keep you informed of any changes, including information of when we will attend. This may result in you removing your items from kerbside until we are able to collect them.
Our crews will attend on the scheduled day, where items are not presented as described they will leave a calling card. The contact centre will be notified and we will rearrange the uplift, this will be the next scheduled day we are in your area. Please note we will only attend a maximum of twice to collect your items. No refund will be given for paid uplifts that are not presented.
What happens to the items.
The items we collect will be separated to ensure they are reused, recycled or composted as much as possible.
We offer an exemption up to a maximum of 2 uplifts per property per rolling year, for household items from householders who are of pensionable age. This exemption only applies where all members of the household are of pensionable age. Only one exempted uplift can be booked on a single day. We do not offer a discount to the unemployed.