Winter waste and recycling
Collection Days over the festive period
- Collection day, Sunday 25th December will be moved to Tuesday 27th December.
- Collection day, Monday 26th December will be moved to Wednesday 28th December.
- Collection day Sunday 1st January will be moved to Tuesday 3rd January.
- Collection day Monday 2nd January will be moved to Wednesday 4th January.
HWRC - Household Waste Recycyling Centres (Tip) Christmas and New Year opening times
Lower Polmaise - December 24th & 31st - Close at 5pm (last entry 4:45pm)
Closed December 25th & 26th, January 1st & 2nd.
Balfron and Callander - Open Saturday December 24th & 31st December, 10am-2pm
Closed December 24th-26th and 1st-2nd January. Open 27th-30th December 5pm-8pm.
Severe Weather and disruptions
Snow and icy condition -- especially on inclines -- can cause the waste and recycling vehicles to slide or get stuck. This makes collection dangerous for both our drivers and loaders, as well as the passing public. Drivers will assess the risk and may not access streets that are likely to pose a health & safety risk.
If your bin or box is missed, let us know as usual, and do also tell us if your whole street has been missed.
It is not advised to leave waste and recycling receptacles out overnight during windy weather. The following actions will help to prevent bins and boxes being blown around and therefore reduce clean-up costs.
- A brick or other heavy object placed on top of the box or bin may help keep it in place.
- Where possible, present recycling boxes and bins in a safe and secure location.
- Four weekly green bin collection for cardboard will continue year round. If you have excess cardboard please take it to your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre at Lower Polmaise, Balfron or Callender.
- Household Waste Recycling Centres (Tip) are only closed on the Public Holidays of 25, 26 December and 1,2 January, but are open normal winter hours the rest of the time.
- Businesses that package large items are obliged to take back the packaging. When you buy a large item, ask at point of purchase for it to be taken away when delivered.
- Cardboard also composts very well at home, especially if mixed with garden waste
We cannot accept foil, glitter, coated or felt wrapping paper or
wrapping paper with cellotape and ribbons attached. Please place these items in your
grey non-recyclables bin as they contaminate the paper.
Disposing of Christmas Trees
- Trees can be cut up and put in your brown garden waste bin, please remember that this service continues all year round or bring them to your nearest Recycling Centre at Lower Polmaise, Balfron or Callander.
- During the festive period there will be no secial uplift collections from Friday 23rd December. They will resume on Monday 16th January.