(possible nest sites)
|n/a||block all cracks and holes in walls and steps||curing dampness will make the house unattractive to them|
- silverfish are silver-grey in colour, torpedo shaped, and about 12mm long
- they have long antennae, no wings and prefer the dark.
- they are one of the world's oldest insects (traced back to the time of the dinosaurs)
- they are of the same family as lobster, shrimps, crayfish and crabs and share wet damp environments
- they normally live outdoors where they like moist places
- they are noctural by nature
- indoors they are usually found in moist areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- they survive on mildew
- we will only treat if found indoors
- they are harmless to humans
- building humidity can intensify insect population e.g damp piping
You can request and track services online using the online forms. You will need to sign up for a myStirling account to do this. This is a free service to help you use and find information via the web.