Stirling Council do not treat woodworm.
- may require specialist timber treatment.
- advice will be given to citizen
- housing will be advised, if Council tenant
- woodworm is the larva of the Common Furniture Beetle
- Furniture Beetle adults are very small approx. 3- 5mm long and brownish in colour with an almost cylindrical body.
- This beetle is the same family as the Biscuit Beetle. The adults are similar in appearance and care should be taken with identification
- Throughout Britain the woodworm beetle is a serious and significant pest indoors in both structural timbers and furniture.