Children's performance licences

You may need a Child Entertainment Licence if your production or activity includes children under compulsory school leaving age as defined on the UK Government Website. Productions and activities include:-

  • Television
  • Theatre
  • Modelling
  • Sport
  • You need a licence so that we can make sure that the child's learning and welfare are protected during the production or activity.

    To apply for a licence, download the Application and Risk Assessment forms below.

    Please note that Applications, and accompanying documentation, must be received at least 21 days before the production or activity takes place.

    The regulations regarding child performances changed on 20 February 2015. You can find more information about performances on the Scottish Government Website

    Download Application Form and Risk Assessment Form


    For further information please contact:-

    Stirling Council, Legal Services

    Old Viewforth, Stirling

    FK8 2ET


    Tel:  01786 233065

    Email:Legal Admin