Please note due to staff development and training there will be no Building Standards Service available Thursday 24 May 2018.
- Building Regulations
- Building Standards Customer Charter
- Building Standards Contract
- Energy Efficiency Assessment
The purpose of Building Standards is to ensure that building work on both new and existing buildings meet reasonable standards. The intention of the standards is to:-
- Secure the health, safety, welfare and convenience of persons in and around buildings.
- Further the conservation of fuel and power
- Further the achievement of sustainable development.
We fulfill two roles in this context:
- Firstly as verifier to protect the public interest where applications for Building Warrant to construct, alter, extend, convert, provide services, fittings or equipment to buildings or demolish buildings have been or about to be made.
- Secondly to enforce building legislation in respect of building work carried out without approval and to ensure public safety in respect of dangerous and defective buildings through enforcement processes.
Electronic submission of applications for building warrants and other related forms, such as completion certificates are now possible through a national portal. It also enables multiple site users to collaborate in producing any single application online.
Online applications are simple, save applicants time and money and will be delivered to us swiftly, enabling us to start considering applications sooner.
There is a single eDevelopment.scot login process, so if you are already registered on ePlanning.scot, you will be able to use the same login details for eBuildingstandards.scot. More information is available in the eBuildingstandards flyer.
Architects and Agents Forum Meetings
Building Standards Service host bi-annual forum meetings with our local Architects, please find details of our most current feedback and questionnaires below.