Frequently asked questions
- Question: Do you treat for infestation by rats and mice?
- Answer: Yes.
- Question: Do you charge for treating infestation by rats and mice?
- Answer: Yes. Unless you qualify for a concession, the charge is £37.50.
- Question: What if the rats or mice are coming from my neighbours?
- Answer: If there is no fault on your part, then you will not be charged. Our officers will take steps to ensure the problem is treated at source.
- Question: How do I get rid of pests – who do I speak to?
- Answer: Stirling Council offers a Pest Control Service for the common pests. Call 0845 277 7000.
- Question: Do you treat rabbits, moles, or squirrels?
- Answer: No. Contact a private Pest Control firm – check Yellow Pages.
- Question: How does the Pest Control service treat rats?
- Answer: The only method we use is poison. If you do not wish poison to be used we cannot help; you would have to buy a rat trap yourself from any local Garden Centre or B & Q.
- Question: How does the Pest Control service treat mice?
- Answer: We can supply a mouse trap to you and give advice on setting. We also provide the option of poison being laid for rats and mice.
If you wish a Pest Officer to call please provide us with your details.For more information please call the contact centre on 0845 277 7000