Adult Care

Assessing your care needs

If you feel you require community care support, it is important to identify what help you require with a care home assessment.

Care at home

Care at home services may work with an individual to assess their needs over a period up to 6 weeks to:

  • re-assess support needs
  • support a safe return home after a stay in hospital
  • arrange ongoing support


Telecare provides 24/7 monitoring, support and a means of summoning help and assistance if required.

Day Support

If you have physical or learning disabilities, day support can provide activities and access to training and work opportunities.  Day support for older people offer regular meals and social activities.

Equipment and adaptations to your home

If you are struggling with aspects of daily activities as a result of illness or disability, you may benefit from the provision of equipment or adaptation to your home.

  • For homeowners, or if you live in privately rented accommodation, are over 60 years of age and require house repairs or minor adaptations, the home repair assistance grant may assist you.
  • Help to adapt is a Scottish Government initiative for older homeowners, provided independently of Stirling Council.  It enables homeowners to consider making alterations to their home to ensure it continues to meet their needs.

Grocery shopping

Are you struggling with grocery shopping?  The Food Train provide a grocery shopping home delivery service for people over 65.  You do not need a social work assessment to receive their service. Telephone: 01786 450536.

Contributing to your care

If you receive care or support from Social Services, you may be required to contribute towards your care or support.  Find out more about financial assessments and information for people receiving care and support at home, in the community, respite or long-term care.

Dementia Friendly Stirling

We're working towards making Stirling a dementia friendly place.  Find out more about this initiative and opportunities and support networks within the local area.

Commissioning care and support services

If you are a small to medium sized third sector provider and are considering a service in the Stirling area under contract from Stirling Council, find out more about eligibility and our selection criteria.