Childcare - childminding information


Childminders provide opportunities for care, education and play in their own homes for children under 5 years and for school aged children. They are self-employed and negotiate terms and conditions directly with parents. A flexible service is usually provided all year round.

All childminders are required to register with the Care Inspectorate. Help (including financial help) is available to those interested.

Lists of names and addresses of registered childminders are available from Education, Teith House, Stirling FK7 7QA, tel: 01786 233174. To help you get an idea of where childminders are located we have given the total number childminders in different areas.

More information is available from the Scottish Family Information Service.