Bus pass for disabled people

National Entitlement Card

You can pick up an application for your bus pass/National Entitlement Card at Stirling Bus Station (9am - 4.45pm, Monday to Saturday) or phone/e-mail (see contact details below) and ask for an application to be posted to your home address.

After completing your application you must bring it, along with proof of eligibility (see below) and a passport photo to Stirling Bus Station to allow a staff member to check your details.  The form will then be sent to a national processing centre.  Your card will be sent direct from the national processing centre to your home address.

Proof of Age

One of the following:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Current Passport
  • Photo Driving Licence
  • Attendance Allowance Award Letter

Proof of Address

Once of the following:

  • Council Tax Bill (within the last 3 months)
  • Utilities Bill (within the last 3 months)
  • Bank Statement (within the last 3 months)
  • Television Licence
  • Letter from Residential Home

Proof of Eligibility

  • Receipt of Disability Living Allowance - Middle Rate/High Rate
  • Receipt of Attendance Allowance
  • Receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PiP)
  • Receipt of War Pensioners Mobility Supplement


The colour passport photograph which you attach to the form should be recent (taken within the last year) and be of you, on your own, showing a close-up of your head and shoulders so that your face covers approximately 65% to 75% of the photograph and your features should be clearly distinguished against the background.  The photograph should be in a sharp focus and clear and printed on plain photo quality paper.

Renewing your card

You will need to complete a new application form, please apply at least three weeks before your current card expires.

If you have lost or damaged your bus pass you can order a replacement by contacting Stirling Council (contact details below).  A replacement bus pass will be posted to you in approximately 7-10 days.  You will not have to pay for your replacement bus pass but you will have to pay to travel until your new bus pass arrives.

If you have more than one National Entitlement Card

You can only use your most recently issued National Entitlement card on the bus.  Any other cards will not work and you will not be allowed free bus travel.  The last two digits make up your issue number.

If you have more than one card, only the highest issue number will be valid for travel.

For further information please see Transport Scotland

If you are unsure which card to use, please contact Stirling Council by calling the telephone number on the back of your card.

If you require further information or an application please:

phone:  01786 404040; or

e-mail the Public Transport Unit