Criminal justice social work
If someone is charged with an offence, they may be expected to appear at Court. Find out more about what disposals may be sentenced at a Court appearance.
If someone has been convicted of an offence, there are various disposals which the Judge, Sheriff or Justice of the Peace will impose.
Cornton Vale Prison
We work in partnership with the Scottish Prison Services to provide Social Work support for offenders at Cornton Vale prison. We aim to reduce re-offending by addressing the needs and risk of women at Cornton Vale.
We are an integral part of the Criminal Justice System and work closely with other key agencies including Police Scotland, Scottish Court Services, Scottish Prison Services and the Procurator Fiscal Office. We also work in partnership with: Fife and Forth Valley Criminal Justice Authority
What we do:
The Social Work Criminal Justice Service have responsibilities which include:
- Provide courts with a range of alternatives to prison in appropriate circumstances
- Provide effective supervision of offenders in the community
- Challenge offending behaviour
- Help offenders realise the impact of their behaviour on themselves, their families, the community and their victims
- Promote community safety and public protection
- Promote rehabilitation by assisting with factors, which may contribute to offending, for example, drug or alcohol misuse, relationship difficulties, mental health, issues with gambling, anger management issues and problem solving difficulties.
8-10 Corn Exchange Road
Telephone: 01786 471177