Disabilities and adapting homes

If you or someone living with you is frail, disabled or has an injury, you may find the place you live may not be suitable for your needs.

Depending on your circumstances, you may want to consider daily living equipment or adaptations to make life easier for you or for the people who live with you.

Find out more about:

  • Care and repair - request support for a house repair or minor adaptation
  • Learning Disabilities - find out more about support for people living with a Learning Disability
  • Ramp access to your home - we may be able to provide adaptations to help you access your home
  • Telecare - providing 24/7 monitoring, support and a means of summoning help and assistance if required


Concessionary travel - if you have a disability or are over 60, you may be eligible to apply for a National Entitlement card which provides free or subsidised travel across Scotland

Blue badge - if you have a disability, you may be eligible to apply for a disabled parking permit