Blue badge scheme
How to apply for a Blue Badge
- You can apply online at Blue Badge Scotland
- You can also download and complete the application form and submit to the email or postal address at the bottom of this page
The scheme provides a national arrangement of parking concessions for people with:
- severe walking difficulties who travel either as drivers or passengers;
- people who are registered blind;
- drives a vehicle regularly, has a severe disability in both arms and is unable to operate, or has considerable difficulty in operating, all or some types of parking meter.
This allows badge holders to park closer to their destination, but the national concessions apply only to on-street parking.
You are eligible to apply for a Blue Badge if you meet one of the following criteria:
- in receipt of Disability Living Allowance at the Higher Rate Mobility Component
- in receipt of Personal Independence Payment (PIP):
- - Mobility component awarded at 8 points or more for moving around
- - Mobility component awarded at 12 points for planning and following journeys
- are registered as blind (severely sight impaired); or
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement; or
- receive Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme within tariffs 1-8 and have been assessed by the Service Personnel and Veterans Agency (SPVA) which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
If an applicant does not qualify for a Blue Badge under any of the above categories, they may be invited to attend a mobility assessment. The assessment is carried out by an independent mobility assessor to establish the extent of their mobility impairment and whether they meet the criteria for a blue badge.
- It can take up to 28 days to process your application, or longer if further assessment of your mobility is required
- There is a £20 charge for the issue of a badge. Payment should not be sent with your application.
Public Transport Unit
Blue Badge Section
Stirling bus station
If you have changed your name or address, or wish to report your Blue Badge as lost or stolen, you can do this online at Blue Badge Scotland.