Home care

Assessing your care needs

If you feel you require community care support in order to access services which meet your needs, it is important to identify what help you may require.  Our services include:

Care at home

Care at home may work with an individual to assess their needs over a period of up to 6 weeks to:

  • re-assess support needs
  • support a safe return home after a stay in hospital
  • arrange ongoing support


Telecare provides 24/7 monitoring, support and a means of summoning help and assistance if required.

You may also be interested in:

Equipment and adaptations to your home

If you are struggling with aspects of daily activities as a result of illness or disability, you may benefit from the provision of equipment or adaptation to your home.

  • For homeowners, or if you live in privately rented accommodation, are over 60 years of age and require house repairs or minor adaptations, the home repair assistance grant may assist you.
  • Help to adapt is a Scottish Government initiative for older homeowners, provided independently of Stirling Council.  It enables homeowners to consider making alterations to their home to ensure it continues to meet their needs.

Wheelchair, scooter and ramp information

If you have a disability, you may wish to have, or be in possession of a wheelchair or scooter.  Find out about how to request a personal mobility vehicle, how to request an adaptation to your home property or advice about how to request servicing of your personal mobility vehicle.