Short-term assessment facilities
Short-term assessment facilities can be provided for individuals who may otherwise be eligible for Rapid Response services but require a greater degree of support and supervision. Our team have facilities available at Allan Lodge and Beech Gardens, specifically designed for meeting the individuals needs.
The benefits of short-term assessment
- Maximises independent living
- Faster recovery from illness
- Prevents unnecessary hospital admissions
- Substitutes for elements of hospital care
- Prevents premature admission to care home
- Reduces time spent in hospital
- A more holistic approach to meeting individual needs
- Tailored care based on needs of the individual
- Integrates variety of services for people whose health care needs are complex and in transition
- Allows time and space to make life changing decisions
- Shifts the balance of care
Accessing short-term assessment facilities
A referral is required to access facilities. Referrals can be made by a health professional or through our Social Care team.
Contributing to your care
Short-term assessment facilities are free of charge for all people over the age of 65. However, if it has been assessed that you require long term care at a care home, there will be a charge for our continued care whilst suitable long term care accommodation is sought. For further information regarding potential charges, please see contributing to your care.
View Short-term assessment facilities in a larger map