Care Homes

We promote people to be as independent as possible within their own homes.  If you believe it is no longer possible for you, or someone you care for, to live at home, we would suggest you request an assessment within a care home environment.

What is an assessment within a care home environment?

Have you recently:Short Stay Assessment leaflet

  • Had a fall
  • Had a period of ill health
  • Been in hospital 
  • Been unable to manage at home

Our short-term assessment facilities provide 24 hour care up to a maximum of 6-8 weeks.  During this period our team work with you to continually assess your abilities to establish your level of independence and care needs.  At the end of the assessment period we will support you to make decisions regarding your care needs.

See also:

Allan Lodge

Beech Gardens

Outcomes may include:

  • returning home without a support package
  • returning home with a support package
  • moving home to more suitable accommodation
  • moving to long-term care

Find out more about short-term assessment facilities

What if I am assessed as needing to live in a care home?

If it is identified that you require to move to long-term care, we will allocate you a named Social Worker or Occupational Therapist.  They will undertake an assessment of your needs in discussion with Health professionals and, where appropriate, family members to identify the needs and wishes of all concerned.  If you have difficulty voicing your own opinion and seek independent support, please contact Advocacy.   As part of the assessment process, a financial assessment will also be undertaken.  Following discussion, a variety of options may be available.

Long-term care

It is important to ensure that the care home meets your assessed needs.

  • Residential care homes offer you personal care if your care needs can not be met in your own home and, as a result, you are at risk
  • Nursing care homes offer similar facilities to residential care homes, with the additional support of qualified nurses who can assist if you require nursing care on a frequent basis

We will work with you and your family to identify three preferred care homes of your choice.   Whilst we will strive to meet your preferences, if none of the care homes are available, an interim arrangement will be made.  However, if you decide you like an interim placement, we can seek for this to become a permanent placement.

Paying for long-term residential care

We work with care home providers and other Council services to ensure that you, or someone you care for, receives the care you were assessed for at the correct charge.

Please note that if you decide to personally arrange a care home placement prior to us completing our comprehensive needs assessment, financial assessment and authorisation of funding (where applicable), you will be responsible for the full cost of care.  If you have arranged a temporary care home placement whilst the above assessment and authorisation process is ongoing, please note that we are unable to back-date free personal care or nursing care payments which you may have made to the care home during this period.   Find out more about Paying for long-term residential care.

View Stirling Council Residential Care Homes in a larger map

Residential care and nursing homes

Property name Type Property address Telephone number Type of home Care Inspectorate reports
Annfield House Private 58 Annfield Gardens, Stirling, FK8 2BJ 01786 451122 Nursing View latest report
Ashford House Private 7 Claremont Drive, Bridge of Allan, FK9 4EE 01786 833950 Residential View latest report
Ashlea House Private Bracklin Road, Callander, FK17 8EH 01877 330325 Nursing View latest report
Ashwood House Private Leny Road, Callander, FK17 8AP 01877 330111 Nursing View latest report
Blanefield Private 105 Glasgow Road, Blanefield, G63 9AL 01360 771011 Nursing View latest report
Fairview Private 9 Cowie Road, Bannockburn, Stirling, FK7 8JW 01786 816111 Nursing View latest report
Falls of Dochart Voluntary Main Street, Killin, FK21 8UW 01567 820237 Residential View latest report
Forthbank Private Drip Road, Kildean, Stirling, FK8 1RR 01786 474745 Nursing View latest report
Gowanlea Voluntary 4 New Road, Bannockburn, Stirling, FK7 8LW 01786 811460 Residential View latest report
Randolph Hill  Private Perth Road, Dunblane, FK15 0BS 01786 825362 Nursing View latest report
Wallace View Private 77 West Haugh Road, Cornton, Stirling, FK9 5GF 01786 831444 Nursing View latest report
Westerlands Voluntary Clifford Road, Stirling, FK8 2AQ 01786 473848 Residential View latest report
William Simpson Voluntary Main Street, Old Plean, Stirling, FK7 8BQ 01786 812421 Residential View latest report

Care home inspection reports

Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland regulate all adult, child and independent healthcare services (including residential homes) in Scotland and ensure care service providers meet the Scottish Government's National Care Standards.  SCSWIS undertake inspections and subsequently publish inspection reports which can be found on the Care Inspectorate's website.

Reporting concerns about a care home

If you have a concern about the practice or treatment of individuals within a care home environment, you should report your concern via Adult Support and Protection.  If you are unhappy with the service you are receiving, you can make a complaint to any Council officer, or via our Social Services complaints procedure.

You may also be interested in: