Parking and car parks
- Use our interactive Car Parks map to find your nearest car park.
- We have many car parks close to the city centre.
- Our parking fines page has details of how to pay Excess Charges.
Council Car Parks
There are 37 car parks within the Stirling Council area. These car parks are either pay and display or free.
An Excess Charge Notice will be issued for the following reasons:
- Parked without displaying a valid parking ticket
- Parked with an expired parking ticket
- Parked within a disabled bay without displaying the necessary blue badge
- Parked within a residents bay without displaying the necessary residents parking permit
- Parked with an incorrectly displayed parking ticket, eg no expiry details visible
- Parked over two bays
- Parked in excess of permitted time.
The Stirling City Parking Guide provides details of the Council car parks within Stirling City Centre.
Motor Home Parking
Motor home parking is permitted in any Stirling Council car park subject to the relevant pay and display charges. There are no specific parking bays for motor homes within our car parks although the driver should ensure that the motor home is parked within the boundary of one parking bay, ie not overhanging
another parking bay at either the back or front of the vehicle and not straddling two parking bays.
It is also worth noting that sleeping overnight in a motor home parked in one of our car parks is prohibited.
There are bays within Stirling City Centre dedicated to motorcycle parking, however, motorcycles are also permitted to park free of charge and without limit of time in any of the Council's Pay and Display car parks.
Decriminalised Parking Enforcement
Decriminalised Parking Enforcement (DPE) transfers the enforcement of all parking, waiting loading restrictions powers from the Police to the relevant local authority (in this case, Stirling Council). As a result illegal parking becomes a civil rather than a criminal matter.