See also: Waste Regulations
Businesses can bring cardboard to the Lower Polmaise Transfer Station during normal operating hours
(7:30 until 4:00 Monday to Friday - closed 12:30 - 13:00 for lunch).
- Vehicles with commercial cardboard should go over the weighbridge -- (not to the Household Waste Recycling Centre).
- After weighing, they will be directed to the appropriate location within the transfer station for tipping/emptying.
- The vehicle will be weighed again on the way out and the company will be charged for the cardboard they have offloaded.
- One-half a tonne will be charged £20
- One-quarter tonne will be charged £10
- Two tonnes will be £80
Please note commercial customers must set up an account at the weighbridge by sending a letter to Waste Services requesting a weighbridge account and enclosing a copy of a valid Waste Carriers Licence (issued by SEPA/EA) before using this service.
Information regarding Waste Carriers Licences can be found on SEPA's Website
All companies need commercial waste & recycling services
All businesses in Scotland must separate
- glass and plastic for recycling.
Additionally, companies that produce more than 50kg of food waste per week will need to separate their food waste for collection.
We provide collection services to commercial premises across the area. Trade bins of all sizes and collection frequencies are available -- and we give better value than some companies by providing a free recycling service and food waste collection in many areas.
Among other things, that means the size of the refuse bin your business requires is likely to be smaller -- and so will the cost -- because we will take the recyclables and the food waste away for free.
Find out more about -