Winter waste and recycling
-- Kerbside recycling collectionupdate – week beginning 22nd December 2014 --
We are currently experiencing some difficulties due to a number of issues including vehicle availability and Christmas waste packaging volumes. As a result a number of routes are experiencing some delays in their reccycling collections.
Up to date information on each of the kerbside recycling collections can be found on the link below. This information will be updated on a daily basis.
If we do not get to your recycling boxes by Christmas day, please takethem in and re-present them on your next collection day. We apologise inadvance if this does occur, however we are doing all we can to minimise the risk of this. Thank you for your understanding.
General Poor Weather Collection Advice
Snow and icy condition -- especially on inclines -- can cause the waste and recycling vehicles to slide or get stuck. This makes collection dangerous for both our drivers and loaders, as well as the passing public. Drivers will assess the risk and may not access streets that are likely to pose a health & safety risk.
If your bin or box is missed, let us know as usual, and do also tell us if your whole street has been missed.
Please understand we will be doing our very best to get to your bins and boxes.
Coned Collection Points
- We may identify 'road end collection points' with a temporary cone & sign in areas we are unable to access for a prolonged period. Notice of those locations and where they are will appear here on the website and we will let Community Councils in affected areas know.
- If a collection point is identified and put in place close to your address, it may mean we cannot access your street due to conditions and we would ask that, where possible, you present your bin and boxes at this location. If you are also able to assist neighbours who are having difficulties with getting their bins to the point, this would help the service.
Disposing of Christmas Trees
- Trees can be cut up and put in your brown garden waste bin to await collection in March.
- Bring them to your nearest Recycling Centre at Lower Polmaise, Balfron and Callander.
- Weekly brown box collection for cardboard will continue year round. If you haven't had a brown cardboard box yet, cardboard can be stored in the brown bin, or taken to your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre at Lower Polmaise, Balfron or Callender.
- HWRCs are only closed on the Public Holidays of 25, 26 December and 1,2 January, but are open normal winter hours the rest of the time.
- Businesses that package large items are obliged to take back the packaging. When you buy a large item, ask at point of purchase for it to be taken away when delivered.
- Cardboard also composts very well at home, especially if mixed with garden waste