Langgarth House, Stirling (under offer)

Langgarth House, Stirling

Langgarth House
Langgarth House 2

Property details

!

This property is currently under offer

This momentous “B” listed property was designed by the Scottish architect William Leiper in 1897.

The building consists of a 2 storey and attic detached mansion house in a Lorimer influence, 17th century design and the interior of remains unchanged. There are many original features to note including, feature fireplaces, wooden panelling walls, leaded design windows.

The ground floor entrance is particularly impressive with a magnificent wooden carved staircase. The property was bought by Central Regional Council in the 1960’s and occupied as Council offices until 2009.

It is worth noting that as the building has remained vacant for over 13 years and whilst Stirling Council undertake any required maintenance to the property, the successful bidder will be required to invest a significant amount of time and funds to restore the building to the required standards.

Stirling Council will require any interested party to provide details of planned renovation scheme to the building along with details of costs. This information will be required to be submitted at closing date, when set.

Video of property

Location

Address

Langgarth House
13-15 St Ninians Road
Stirling
FK8 2ET 

Langgarth House is located in the city of Stirling, which has a population of approximately 38,300 and has excellent transport links to Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Langgarth House is situated within the grounds of Stirling Council’s HQ within the former Viewforth office complex. The Viewforth office block was demolished in 2014.

The property is located within the Kings Park conservation area.

Agent contact

Deborah Bruce
Avison and Young
Phone: 0131 469 6011
Email: deborah.bruce@avisonyoung.com

Contents