Community Engagement Team
The Team provide community development support to communities and community organisations across the Stirling Council area as well other responsibilities. We manage a range of grants on behalf of Stirling Council, and support local community planning and all area community planning.
We can provide a wide range of support to help communities engage with others to shape and influence change with the aim of improving the quality of life for people in their community and addressing disadvantage. This includes:
- Information on Communities and promotion of community issues
- Support and advice on a range of issues such as governance (starting a group or activity), engagement (involving people), funding and finance (grants and advice), project development (developing local plans and projects) and partnership working (being involved and influencing decisions).
- Work with Community Councils
- Training and resources (Building Stronger Communities)
- Assistance with community surveys and looking at community need
The Team have produced two booklets illustrating and celebrating the range and diversity of activities we are involved in throughout the area - Building Stronger Communities and Building Stronger Communities II.
Building Stronger Communities Training
The Community Engagement Team provides training opportunities on a range of topics to support communities and organisations. These training sessions are primarily aimed at community councils, development trusts, social enterprises and other interested community and voluntary organisations.
Information on courses is posted here when available but courses can be developed on request if your organisation or community identify a specific need, please contact us to discuss.
Community News Sheet
Our monthly community news sheet for organisations on the latest news and issues relevant to communities.To be included in our mailing list, or if you would like to include articles, please email us.
Our Community Funding Officer offers grant support to a variety of voluntary organisations every year. This is intended to assist local initiatives, encourage environmental improvement and promote community activities.