Stirling Council Instrumental Music Service

First published

25 Jan 2023

Last updated

25 Jan 2023

Stirling Council Instrumental Music Service

Stirling Council Privacy Notice

Find out how Stirling Council uses personal data by checking the Council’s website at the following address:

Our website contains a Register of Data Processing which lists all the different ways in which the Council uses personal data.

This Privacy Notice provides more information about just one of those processes.

Title of Process Stirling Council Instrumental Music Service
Why does the Council process personal data? Personal data is used for the purposes of:
  • enrolling children and young people into the Instrumental Music Service
  • monitoring and recording of numbers in terms of local and national census
  • general data analysis to let us see what areas require this service (gaps in provision)
What personal data is used? Personal data is held about:
  • Children and Young People (Primary 3 – S6) who request Instrumental Music Tuition
  • Parents of the children accessing the provision – contact details
  • Parents and carers of children and young people at school
Personal data includes:

  • Child’s: name; date of birth; school; year group
  • Parents/carers’: names; address; telephone; email address;
  • Additional Support Needs
  • Tutors name
What makes it lawful for the Council to process this personal data? UK GDPR Article 6(1)(e) -we process this personal data to perform a “public task” in the public interest. We also rely on UK GDPR Article 6(1)(a) and Article 9(2)(a) - consent of the individual to process some of the personal data.
To withdraw consent please email 
Where does the Council obtain personal data from? Music Tuition application form and personal details update forms completed by parents/carers.
Where does the Council keep personal data? Data is held securely in Seemis and the Music Tuition Database. Only limited staff with certain profiles can see certain pieces of data
How long does the Council keep personal data? Personal Data is held for five years
Who does the Council share personal data with? SQA and Scottish Government.
Other council departments to check the accuracy of the information, prevent or detect fraud or crime and to protect public funds.
Who do I contact about my personal data? The Council has a Data Protection Officer to make sure it is complying with data protection laws.

Contact details for the Data Protection Officer are,
Data Protection Officer, Stirling Council, Teith House, Kerse Road, Stirling FK7 7QA

Telephone: 01786 404040