Senior Manager Environment & Place: Bruce Reekie
Location: Endrick House, Springkerse Road, Stirling
This service is divided into the following services:
- Waste -In addition to providing the principle waste collection service, there are other functions which include:-
- Operation of 3 Household Waste Recycling Centres
- Offer a Bulky Uplift provision
- Monitor a closed Landfill Site
- Deliver wheeled containers to customers
- Operate a Transfer Station on behalf of Stirling Council and accept wastes / recycled materials from Clackmannanshire Council
- Provide work experience to Modern Apprentices
- Operations -The Operations service delivers and provides a number of the Councils key front line services that contribute to continued economic growth, health and well-being and a sense of place and destination for citizens and visitors.
- To manage and maintain the adopted road network and all associated bridges, structures and assets.
- Provision of a Winter Maintenance Service.
- Provision of burial grounds for local communities.
- Managing the Councils Road Network to minimise disruption for all road users.
- To manage and maintain the Councils public parks and open spaces to provide opportunities for activities to promote and encourage greater health and well-being whilst enhancing and improving the bio-diversity of the greenspace environment.
- To maintain high levels of cleanliness to all public open spaces, adopted roads and footways throughout the Council area.
- To meet all statutory obligations while delivering high quality services for the residents and visitors to the Stirling Council Area.
- Fleet & Facilities Management -The Facilities Management service combines all of the management operations around the councils built assets. This portfolio includes the provision of the following service areas.
Catering, cleaning, caretaking, School crossing patrols and janitorial services.