Business cases are being finalised for a range of projects that will invest the capital funding provided through the City Region Deal. It has been agreed that the City Region deal investment will be focused on:
- Innovation through the new Scottish Environment Centre and an Aquaculture Hub delivered in conjunction with the University of Stirling.
- Digital through further development of the Stirling Digital hub and the creation of 3 regional hubs
- Culture and Tourism through the development of our Cultural, Heritage, and Tourism assets, and the new Scottish Tartan Centre to be sited at Forthside
- Transfer of the MOD land at Forthside to Stirling Council for future development purposes
- Transport, Connectivity and Low Carbon primarily through development of new Active Travel Routes across the region and the development of a new Regional Energy Masterplan
Underpinning the capital investment is a Regional Skills and Inclusion programme that will ensure that Inclusive Growth lies at the heart of our deal. This will drive new opportunities and routes into employment for people across the region, helping tackle inequality and ensuring that businesses and communities throughout the region are able to engage with and benefit from the City Region Deal.