Information is available to people who need to be supported and sheltered housing.


We can help assist you with any appeal you might have with your housing benefit. Also if there was to be a change of circumstances, the information in this section will help you deal with your case.

Some sheltered housing has special facilities like alarms and warden services - available for elderly and disabled people. Housing benefit may be available for people in Sheltered or supported housing.

If you do not agree with the amount of benefit you are given.

You should contact us and ask us for a verbal or written explanation of how your benefit was worked out.

If you still think your Benefit assessment is wrong, you can ask us to look at the decision again.  You must do this within a month of the date on the decision letter.  We will send you a full explanation for our decision as soon as possible.

If you are still unhappy you have the right to make a formal appeal against our decision to an independent tribunal.  
You must write using the contact us on the right of the page. You should contact us within a month of us confirming our decision.

The Appeals Co-Ordinator will send your case to the Appeals Service.

Change of Circumstances

You must tell us straight away about any changes in circumstances for you, your partner, or anyone else who lives with you.  

You can tell us by contacting us. 

If you do not tell us straight away you may lose out on Benefit, but if you have been paid too much Benefit you will have to pay it back.

Care and concerns 

Information on: personal care if you cannot look after yourself in your own home and, as a result, you are at risk. 

Last updated: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 2:50 PM