We offer a consumer advice service to provide information and advice on consumer legislation. The service is available to consumers or businesses who are resident in the Stirling Council or Clackmannanshire Council areas.
Our officers can advise you about your legal rights and suggest how best to resolve your complaint.
- give impartial advice on consumer law and your rights;
- suggest appropriate courses of action and advice on how to pursue your rights;
- advise on court procedure;
- investigate, if the criminal laws we enforce may have been contravened.
- obtain a refund for you, or take court action for you;
- recommend particular businesses or tell you which particular businesses to avoid;
- investigate complaints about food hygiene or food standards. This is dealt with by Environmental Health.
If either you or the supplier is based in the Stirling or Clackmannanshire areas:
- Visit the Citizens Advice website for a list of consumer advice topics
- Contact us for advice.
If neither you nor the supplier is based in the Stirling or Clackmannanshire areas:
- Find your local Trading Standards service at the gov.uk website, or
- Speak to an Advice Direct Scotland advisor on 0808 164 6000.
For Europe-wide consumer advice, visit the UK European Consumer Centre
Last updated: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:49 PM